The semester is coming to an end, but the summer movie season is about to begin. It’s that time of the year when the big-budget movies hit the big screen, as well as some smaller, but also anticipated, films. Here is a roundup of some of the movies that will be released in the next two months.
• “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword” This take on the legend of King Arthur follows Arthur Pendragon (Charlie Hunnam) as he struggles to reclaim his father’s kingdom.
• “Alien: Covenant” A group of couples set out to colonize a planet but nd they are not alone.
• “Everything, Everything” A teenager whose allergies have kept her inside all her life falls in love with the boy next door.
• “Wonder Woman” In this first-ever Wonder Woman film, Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) sets out to save the world after leaving her home.
• “Captain Underpants” Two best friends convince their principal he is the superhero known as Captain Underpants.
• “Megan Leavey” This movie is based on the bond between a young Marine corporal and her combat dog.
• “The Mummy” After unleashing Ahmanet (Sofia Boutella), Nick Morton (Tom Cruise) and Jenny Halsey (Annabelle Wallis) must find a way to end the destruction she is causing before it is too late.
• “The Book of Henry” A mother and her son must find a way to save the son’s classmate from her stepfather.
• “All Eyez on Me” This movie tells the life of Tupac Shakur, from his rise to stardom to his death.
• “47 Meters Down” While on vacation two girls get put in a shark dive, but when something goes wrong with the cage equipment they find themselves at the bottom of the ocean with only an hour left of oxygen.
• “Transformers” In a war between humans and Transformers, Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) must choose between saving his kind or saving the people he has protected.
• “The House” In order to get money for their daughter’s college fund, the Johansen family starts
an underground casino in their neighbor’s basement.
• “Despicable Me 3” Gru and his family must defeat Balthazar Bratt, and his family meets his brother for the first time.
• “Spider-Man: Homecoming” Peter Parker (Tom Holland) must choose between following commands or saving lives while balancing his everyday life.
• “Girls Trip” In this comedy, four friends try to make all the memories they can during a three-day trip to New Orleans.
• “Dunkirk” Christopher Nolan shares this story about the Allied soldiers in WWII who were surrounded by German military on the beaches of Dunkirk, France.
• “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets” Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and his partner Laureline (Cara Delevigne) must try to save the planet Alpha and all of its inhabitants.
• “Atomic Blonde” An undercover agent (Charlize Theron) must retrieve important information about why her fellow operatives are being killed.
• “The Emoji Movie” This is an animated movie that tells the story of the emoticons that live in cellphones.
• “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power” This sequel to "Inconvenient Truths" puts even more emphasis on global warming and the terrible epidemic facing Earth.